Today you will get an all-out guide to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy Fold in the article. Here, you will receive anything you need to know before getting started.
In this post, I have pointed out everything that you require to start the factory reset process without any further ado. You will acquire to stick to the end.
Usually, when the device starts to lag, you begin noticing drastic performance drops or fast battery drain, it could be due to the memory overload. In this situation, you can try to factory reset your device to get the performance experience like before.
However, before you are getting started, let’s understand about the Reset!
What is Reset?
The factory reset means that you have rolled down the default settings. In easy words, everything that is stored in your phone will be deleted entirely and you can’t restore it, unless and until you have to take a backup file.
It will remove everything from the system whether it’s contact, videos, photos, or app information. Everything will be wiped out including the cache data. But you don’t need to worry about anything as it won’t affect the operating system.
You should apply factory reset in six months for a better performance experience. Meanwhile, let’s also see why user reset their device in the first place.
Why would you want to reset your device?
The primary reason for resetting the device can be the dull performance or you want to sell your device to someone else. In that cases, it becomes necessary to hard reset Samsung Galaxy Fold and cleans up everything for good.
Here are some common reasons why people reset their devices.
- You can easily clean up the internal storage space.
- Solve normal bugs and jester problems precisely.
- It will also fix the sudden screen freeze issues.
- Increase the overall performance speed of the phone.
Benefits of Resetting Samsung Galaxy Fold
After resetting your phone, all of the junkie files will be removed and you will obtain a clean UI, which won’t have any problem with bugs or any other issues. With this, you will attain a new condition phone and enjoy the default settings.
Demerits of Resetting Samsung Galaxy Fold
There is a high chance that you won’t be able to receive previously-stored pictures, videos, and apps. In that situation, it’s become essential to take a complete backup. Afterward, you can retrieve your data whenever you want.
Before Reset Requirement
- Ensure that your phone is fueled more than 50% to avoid any hassle.
- Finish the complete backup process to recover your all data later.
Method to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy Fold
I hope that you have completed the requirement to hard reset Samsung Galaxy Fold. In the following walkthrough, I have covered three simple methods from which you can factory reset all of the internal settings to the default.
The reason why we have three methods is that if the given method doesn’t work in your case, there are still two more options that you can easily try out!
1: Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy Fold Using Settings Menu
If you are looking for the easiest method to factory reset, you need to go through the settings menu. First, you have to access the phone content and then, you can apply the factory reset process by heading to the reset data settings options.
In the following section, you will get a step-by-step guide below from which you can effortlessly restore your phone settings. So, let’s run down the steps.
- First and foremost, you have to head toward the Settings App.
- Access the Application and go to the General Management option.
- After picking the correct option, you have to click on the Reset choice.
- Following this, a new screen will appear in which tap on Factory Data Reset.
- Next, you have to scroll down to the bottom and pick the Reset Button.
- Now, insert the security password, pin, or fingerprint to continue.
- Once that happened, click on the Delete all option to initialize the reset.
Eventually, the phone will go to reboot and it will take slightly longer to restart the phone without any problem. Finally, you have to access your Gmail account.
With this, you will successfully hard reset Samsung Galaxy Fold via the setting menu. Afterward, nobody can stop you from getting a seamlessly smooth UI experience.
2: Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy Fold via Recovery Mode
The second method utilizes the recovery mode to factory reset Samsung Galaxy Fold in a pretty hassle-free manner. Generally, when you forget your password or pin, it’s a great choice to reset the device using the recovery options.
All you need to do is press the button combination to access the recovery. Worry not, we have covered all of the necessary steps that help you to reach your goals with no issue at all. So, let’s get started with the preliminary steps.
- First of all, you have turned off your phone, and tap on the Power button.
- Shut down the phone entirely, you have to press the Volume Up + Power.
- You have to press both keys until the Samsung doesn’t appear on the screen.
- You will see that recovery mode is open, and now, follow the given steps.
- Use the Volume Up, Down, and Power buttons to navigate to the menu.
- Head toward the Wipe Data/Factory Reset and confirm it via the Power key.
- Following this, you have to choose the factory reset options and confirm them.
- Once the reset process end, reach out to Power Off choice from the list.
- Now, start your Samsung Galaxy Fold by pressing the Power button.
That’s it, you have factory reset your device. Now, use the extra space for storing more photos, and videos. Install as many apps as you desire to use over your phone.
3: Reset Samsung Galaxy Fold through Google Find My Device
You need to install the Google Find My Device first to use this method. Then, you can follow the below-given instruction. I hope that you have already downloaded this app over your phone. So, without any further delays, let’s dive into the process.
- Ensure that you have installed the Google Find My Device before starting.
- Now, open the Find My Device app and sign in with your Gmail account.
- Next, you see a list of Play Sound, Secure device & Erase device options.
- In this list, you have to click on the Erase device choice to continue.
- With this, you will successfully hard reset Samsung Galaxy Fold.
These three universal processes can be applied to every Samsung phone. But there’s a slight chance that your phone’s android version might vary. So, we highly suggest you go with the first method of the system settings since it got a 100% success rate.
Now, let’s head to the next section where we have covered general queries. It might be possible that you may also have some similar doubts. So, it’s worth checking out.
Bingo! You have completed the hard reset Samsung Galaxy Fold guide and I hope that you receive valuable information from this piece of content. If you are looking for the easiest way, we recommend you to use the settings menu methods.
On the other hand, if you have forgotten your password, then a hard reset using the recovery mode is the sole solution. Meanwhile, we have also discussed the common issues and queries, but if you have more questions, do let us know in the comments.
For more insightful information, you can check out our other informative posts.