Hello friends, are you searching for Unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Phones? If yes, then you are at the right place.
Getting Rooting privilege and custom ROM’s features became necessary when your smartphone didn’t support further OEM updates. The software update process stops working after two working years of the phone.
You have no choice and use the old Android version and cooperate with its standard features. But, what if I tell you that you didn’t need to worry about when your smartphone OEM expire. All you need is to follow the article thoroughly.
If you have any Xiaomi device that didn’t have the latest software or a tech geek who wants to expand the Xiaomi smartphone limit. This article will then lead you to the first milestone to unlock your phone’s advanced features.
Are you ready to grasp the central concept to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi phones? I know you are. Before that, let’s understand what actually is a bootloader and what it does in our android device. So, without any further ado, let’s begin!!!
What is Bootloader?
The bootloader is a command prompt that initializes the phone by running some commands and checks if there is any problem in the system partition. If it catches the issues, it will not complete the booting process.
Simply, it’s the first thing that runs after press in the power button on your phone. Though the booting process may look ordinary from the front, many software activities run behind the scenes every time.
All the system animation pops up on the screen and gives a glimpse of your phone interface. It also works as a security checkpoint to see whether system files are missing or not if some system files are missing from the directory!
The phone will stop working, which usually never happens. Anyway, the bootloader’s primary task is to boot the smartphone and allow it to run the system files. But to get advanced features, you have to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi phones.
Why Unlock Bootloader?
Primarily, every phone’s bootloader is locked due to the user’s security and privacy concerns and decreases the malware’s vulnerability. After unlocking, you are putting your phone security in danger.
But there are always two sides to a coin. On the bright side, you can now root your Xiaomi device after installing the custom recovery system. Afterward, add custom ROMs and applications to enhance the different sections of your phone.
You can beat the CPU clock speed and improvised through the new system image, or you can slow up the battery drain process to get long-lasting battery life.
Now, let’s have a quick look over the things you are going to achieve after unlock bootloader on Xiaomi phones and its flaws.
Advantage of Unlock bootloader
Add custom recovery and Root
The unlocked bootloader is the single and precise way to enter the internal settings of your phone. Plus, you can add up the custom recovery to flash various types of custom images and even root the phone.
There are several things you can add after unlock bootloader on Xiaomi phones. On the other hand, now you can use the advanced tweaks of overclocking and even can delete that useless pre-installed bloatware.
Enhance the compatibility
The second most prominent thing you could do with your device is to run an incompatible application and software on your phone without any problem. Of course, the performance can drastically increase through overclocking.
Get rid of Ads and annoying notification
If you face ad notification daily, it would be the right decision to root your phone since you can get rid of all of them within a few clicks. For that, all you need to unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi device.
Disadvantage of Unlock bootloader
Vulnerable in front of malware and virus
In a typical case, having an encounter with malware and viruses is very low after unlock bootloader on Xiaomi phones. But if you aimlessly download some random files or delete the important system files, you will face a slim chance.
Steps to Unlock bootloader On Xiaomi Phones
The thing you should remember when you are trying to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi phones, you need to take a backup of your data since you can’t recover your precious data after you begin the process. Also, a computer.
- Now that you have taken the backup. Add your Mi account on your phone
- First, go to the setting option and enter into the Mi account option, then Xiaomi Cloud – enable the “Find Device” setting
- Head toward the Addition Settings >> Developer Setting >> enable the “OEM unlocking” feature
- Enter the security pattern or fingerprint, then wait till the permission pop didn’t come and grant permission
- Now, the “Add account and device” button will be visible. Press on it
- The option won’t work until you turn off Wi-Fi and use SIM data, so make sure to have some data in the SIM
- Reading the warning carefully and hit that “Got it” button to move forward
- You need to download and install Mi Unlock Tool on your computer
- Add all the Mi account details in the application and open it
- Boot into fastboot mode, you have to press the volume down, and power button don’t release keys until open fastboot mode
- Connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable
- The device will appear on the application if it’s not showing download drivers from the application settings
- When you click on the “Unlock” button, it will ask to erase your phone’s data
- Mi Unlock Tool will ask to press on Unlock a few times and then start process
- Your phone automatically boots and enter your Mi account detail once again
That’s all you need to do. Now that your Xiaomi device bootloader is unlocked, you can install TWRP custom recovery and Magisk setup to Root Android phones to get those amazing settings onto your Xiaomi device for sure.
We hope that you were able to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi phones and get their tremendous assets. Still, if you are stuck somewhere in the steps are you have any doubt. Please let us know in the comment section.