How to Root Asus ROG Phone 2 – Two Easy Methods!
In this guide, I will show you how to root Asus ROG Phone 2 using magisk.
There are various situations where users think isolated with the usual boring system settings. But if you finally make your mind come out from the useless interface, you can begin by unlocking the rooting to get there; the first step would be the spec sheet.
Are you excited about a quick overview of the specification of the smartphone?
This smartphone launched in the Indian market on 23rd March 2019. Talking about camera sensor 48MP + 13MP dual primary camera setup. Snapdragon 855 Plus processor powers Asus ROG Phone 2 with 8GB Ram and 256GB storage. The smartphone came with 6.59 inches (16.74 cm) 391 PPI, AMOLED. We are moving to battery performance is 6000 mAh, USB Type-C Port with Hyper Charging before starting the guide. Let’s understand what root is!
What is Root?
In plants, the root stored water and is transported to other sections, while the same stuff applies in computer language where the root directories store the user’s data.
However, if you are looking for the superuser features, then you will need access to the administer privilege. Usually, that know as the root access in the tech community.
With this feature set, you can do loads of exciting things and unfold cool aspects into the system traits; you need to understand the pros and cons because of a few flaws.
- Ensure your smartphone bootloader has unlocked. You can also follow our guide to unlocking the bootloader on any Android phone.
- We recommend that your smartphone battery has been charged more than 40% because a lot of time is required for the rooting procedure.
Advantages of Root Asus ROG Phone 2
First and foremost, you will attain robust customization software, filters, and ROMs that will aid you in creating a magnificent interface while you can boost performance.
Following that, you didn’t require to worry about the screen time; you can also receive astounding battery performance through the rooted apps and software set precisely.
Disadvantages of Root Asus ROG Phone 2
However, the system protection layering would be lifted when you unlock these traits for your device since the device will more likely become vulnerable to malware.
Apart from this, once you open up the pathway for the bootloader or install a custom recovery, this will violate the company policies, and you will lose warranty features.
Magisk Update is not responsible for what happens to your phone. Do it at your own risk while carefully following the guidelines and asking if you have any doubt regarding this matter. Download the correct TWRP according to your model.
How to Install TWRP Without Using a PC
- Install the essential tools and TWRP custom recovery to move swiftly in future.
- Ensure to attain the latest version of the Magisk zip file using this guide, while the second thing you need to follow is the unlock bootloader section.
- You will need a secondary phone, and you have to purchase an OTG cable so that the secondary device can work as the PC and run basic commands.
- Download the Bugjaeger Mobile ADB application into your Android phone.
- Make sure that the secondary device also has enabled USB debugging.
- Connect OTG into the secondary device while connecting the USB cable to the primary device. Plugin them accurately since everything depends on them.
- Apply the Power + Volume down buttons combo once in the primary device.
- From this combination, you will enter into the fastboot mode of your handset.
Note: I assume that you have downloaded the respective TWRP file!
- Head toward the Bugjaeger Mobile ADB app and press on the flash option.
- You will notice the command prompt button in the below section of the screen.
- Type command –fastboot devices – It will show that your device is connected.
- Type the second command –fastboot flash recovery– Make sure that you are entering the correct spelling, and after that, you have to attach the required file.
- Click on the attached file icon and navigate to the stored TWRP file location.
- Once you tap on the flashable file, it will appear in the command prompt.
- Now, press the play button to initialize the process of flashing the recovery.
- Once everything ends safe and sound—disconnected the primary device and boot into the custom recovery mode through the Volume Up + Power buttons.
Method#1:Root Asus ROG Phone 2 Using Magisk
- You have likely obtained the flashable zip file from the above section, right?
- Click on the Install section of the TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) screen.
- Navigate to the Magisk zip folder and open the file into the internal storage.
- Once you will reach the file, tap on it while select storage starts to appear.
- Swipe right to complete the process. Afterward, reboot the device at last.
- Congratulation, you have finally unlocked those fascinating root privileges.
Method#2: Root Asus ROG Phone 2 Using KingRoot
If you are looking for a method that root Android phones without a PC, the KingRoot is the solution for that, you didn’t need an additional resource package to start.
- First of all, get the latest version of the KingRoot apk.
- Download and install on the KingRoot apk over your phone.
- Make sure you have enabled the unknown source option.
- Access the application and tap on the “Try Root” button.
- Now several booting starts to take place, so don’t worry!
- Lastly, your device will be successfully rooted.
At last, you have come across all the requirements to achieve those fascinating traits of customization features; now, it’s your time to enjoy the next level of personalization.
But if you find out any trouble installing the required software and drivers, do let us know, so we will try to help you—for more information, head to the comments below.