In this guide, I will show you how to root Samsung Galaxy M12 using magisk.
If you want to rise above everyone else and looking for advanced admin-level traits, cheers, you have reached out to the right place as this post contains a simple method to root your device. But before heading there, let’s first understand the primary specs.
Are you excited about a quick overview of the specification of the smartphone?
This smartphone launch in the Indian market on 18th March 2021. Talking about camera sensor 48MP + 5MP + 2MP + 2MP quad primary camera setup. Exynos 8 Octa processor powers Samsung Galaxy M12 with 4GB Ram and 64GB storage. The smartphone was coming with 6.5 inches (16.51 cm) 270 PPI, PLS TFT LCD. We are moving to battery performance is 6000 mAh, USB Type-C Port with Fast Charging before starting the guide; Let’s understand what is rooting?
What is Root?
The root directory’s basic meaning would be the internal storage unit that possesses your Android phone data from users’ applications data to administer privileges.
On the other hand, it represents as “/” in the computer language; however, this term is widely connected to root access which is usually done to obtain superuser features.
Once you unlock the pathway and gain control over your device, there’s always a slim chance that things go south, so it’s necessary to be aware of the pros and cons facts.
Here are some Points to Remember while Rooting
- Ensure your smartphone bootloader has unlocked. You can also follow our guide to unlocking the bootloader on any samsung phone.
- We recommend that your smartphone battery has been charged more than 40% because a lot of time required for the rooting procedure.
Advantage of Root Samsung Galaxy M12
The rooting settings option opens up doors of customization and provides reasonable control over the interface ecosystem while changing an internal partition is possible.
You can unlock the unbelievable power of your smartphone through the overclocking app and improvise the cores cloaking performance speed into multiple folds at once.
Disadvantage of Root Samsung Galaxy M12
The smartphone makers’ say that installing any custom ROMs software, apart from the authentic regions, violates the given warranty feature from the user’s perspective.
There are several instances where users have seen malware attacks due to installing ROMs without a piece of knowledge, so choose them wisely to attain exciting traits.
Disclaimer: You need to be aware that this patching method is tricky and risky. So take a backup before starting the process. Magiskupdate or the author is not responsible for any damage to the reader device, so do everything carefully.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy M12 Using Magisk
- Start with getting the Magisk App alongside your smartphone Firmware files.
- Get the latest Samsung USD driver along with the bundle of Odin Flash Tool.
- In the latter half, you will be needed 7zip tool to change file format for few files.
Note: Unlock the bootloader of your Samsung phone before commencing the process.
Preparing the boot image file
- Ensure that you have put the magisk file, Odin tool, and stock firmware file in the same folder since you will need them frequently during the procedure.
- Enter in the stock firmware file folder and extract the “AP” file through the 7zip.
- Tap on a newly extracted folder. There, you have to right-click on the boot file.
- Now choice 7zip then the “Add to archive” option to change an archive format.
- Select and change the archive format from .lz4 to .tar, then hit the OK button.
- Copy the .tar file and magisk apk file into your Android phone for the next half.
Patching the boot image file
- Install the Magisk App and tap on the install option inside the application.
- Navigate to the storage unit part where you have saved device’s boot.img file.
- Once you tap on that file, the patching process will automatically be initialized.
- From this, you will obtain the magisk_patched.tar file at the exact location.
- Deliver that .tar file to the PC, and connect your phone into download mode.
- Turn off the phone, and press both volume keys while connecting to the PC.
Flash the patched boot image file
- Open the Odin Flash Tool, there, you will notice that the device is connected, but if that’s not showing in your case, perform the last two steps once again.
- Head toward the “AP” section, then drag and drop the magisk patched .tar file.
- In the left corner, you have to untick the “Auto-reboot” option to boot manually.
- Now, simply tap on the start button to initialize the final patching procedure.
Re-installing the Magisk App
- Remove the data cable once the flashing process ends, then press and hold the Volume Down + Power Button until the Samsung logo with alert appears.
- Release both button and long-press Volume Up key to enter in the recovery.
- Apply the factory reset setting and safely reboot the phone in the usual way.
- Download the Magisk App from this guide and install it properly, so it works.
Once the reboot process end, the magisk will fully install with your phone, now enjoy!
Now, you didn’t have to worry about the bloatware apps or delayed system updates; you can get an immersive set of things through the help of fabulous rooting privileges.
However, if you encounter any boulder stopping your way to attain those fascinating settings, just let us know about that problem in the upcoming section to get answers.