In this guide, I will show you how to root moto g8 power lite using magisk.
Have you ever become tired of radon settings of the system interface? And looking for a solution to create something impressive that will grant you subtle features, you should try rooting, but before that, the first thing you need to grasp would be specs.
Are you excited about a quick overview of the specification of the smartphone?
This smartphone launch in the Indian market on 3rd April 2020. Talking about camera sensor 16MP + 2MP + 2MP triple primary camera setup. MediaTek Helio P35 processor powers moto g8 power lite with 4GB Ram and 64GB storage. The smartphone was coming with 6.5 inches (16.51 cm) 270 PPI, IPS LCD. We are moving to battery performance is 5000 mAh, Non-Removable with Micro-USB Port before starting the guide; Let’s understand what is rooting?
What is Root?
The internal software runs on several directories; one of them is the storage directory, usually known as the root. Moreover, it also holds the admin-level privileges aspect.
But you won’t attain those administer settings as a regular user; for that, you require root access that will unfold unique things and custom traits you may not see before.
However, you have to pay the price after unlocking those fascinating features since there is a downside, so it becomes necessary to understand the pros and cons factor.
Here are some Points to Remember while Rooting
- Ensure your smartphone bootloader has unlocked. You can also follow our guide to unlocking the bootloader on any motorola phone.
- We recommend that your smartphone battery has been charged more than 40% because a lot of time required for the rooting procedure.
Advantage of Root Moto G8 Power Lite
You can build your endless customization empire with exciting ROMs/modules in few clicks and change the interface layout as much as required according to your needs.
Besides this, you can also throw away unwanted bloatware applications from the Android ecosystem and free uploads of internal space to store more valuable data.
Disadvantage of Root Moto G8 Power Lite
There’s always a constant fear that your device may become a useless brick; follow the below step accurately to avoid falling into the endless abyss of the bootloop trap.
Besides this, you will also lose all of the privileges that come in the warranty terms as rooting the smartphone will violate company policies while increasing the risk factor.
Magisk Update is not responsible for what happens to your phone. Do it at your own risk while carefully follow the guidelines and ask if you have any doubt regarding this matter. Download the correct TWRP according to your model.
How to Install TWRP Without Using PC
- Install the essential tools and TWRP custom recovery to move swiftly in future.
- Ensure to attain the latest version of the Magisk zip file using this guide, while the second thing you need to follow is the unlock bootloader section.
- You will need a secondary phone, and you have to purchase an OTG cable so that the secondary device can work as the PC and run basic commands.
- Download the Bugjaeger Mobile ADB application into your Android phone.
- Make sure that the secondary device also has enabled USB debugging.
- Connect OTG into the secondary device while connecting the USB cable into the primary device. Plugin them accurately since everything depends on them.
- In the primary device, apply the Power + Volume down buttons combo once.
- From this combination, you will enter into the fastboot mode of your handset.
Note: I assume that you have download the respective TWRP file for your device!
- Head toward the Bugjaeger Mobile ADB app and press on the flash option.
- You will notice the command prompt button in the below section of the screen.
- Type command –fastboot devices – It will show that your device is connected.
- Type the second command –fastboot flash recovery– Make sure that you are entering the correct spelling, and after that, you have to attach the required file.
- Click on the attached file icon and navigate to the stored TWRP file location.
- Once you tap on the flashable file, it will appear in the command prompt.
- Now, press the play button to initialize the process of flashing the recovery.
- Once everything ends safe and sound—disconnected the primary device and boot into the custom recovery mode through the Volume Up + Power buttons.
How to Root Moto G8 Power Lite Using Magisk
- You have likely obtained the flashable zip file from the above section, right?
- Click on the Install section of the TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) screen.
- Navigate to the Magisk zip folder and open the file into the internal storage.
- Once you will reach the file, tap on it while Select Storage starts to appear.
- Swipe right to complete the process. Afterward, reboot the device at last.
- Congratulation, you have finally unlocked those fascinating root privileges.
Certainly, you have come across the checkpoint where you can start integrating the excellent features into your smartphone ecosystem interface; nothing holds you back.
Still, if you notice any problem or something is not working in your case, make sure to point out those flaws in the below section; it will also help you & others in the future.