Hello friends, my name is Kunal Mandal today in this article we will going to show you the easiest way to Root OnePlus 8. If you want to your smartphone then you are in the right place.
OnePlus 8 is the latest flagship smartphone from Samsung brand and so many people want to root their smartphone but they are unable to do. because all the methods described online are very old may be working in a few months ago. So today in this tutorial we assure you that you don’t need to go anywhere and search for “How to Root Oneplus 8” after reading this. Here we give all the knowledge. before starting the guide, let’s have a quick look at the specification of the smartphone.
Are you excited about a quick look at the specification of the smartphone? Hope! you enjoy.
This smartphone launched in the Indian market on 24 April 2020. Talking about camera sensor 48MP + 16MP + 2MP triple primary camera setup. Oneplus 8 powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 865processor with 6GB Ram and 128GB storage. Based on Android v10 operating system. The smartphone coming with 6.55 inches (16.64 cm) 90Hz refresh rate, fluid Amoled display. Moving to the battery performance 4300 mAh, USB Type-C Port with Warp Charging. Without wasting any time let’s move our guide.
What is Root?
After rooting Oneplus 8 comes extraordinary power through which we can do anything like you can customize your smartphone according to your needs, use all rooting required application, unlock hidden features, and change boot logo fonts.
Here are some Points to Remember while Rooting
- Here, the important thing download and install the ADB driver on your system
- You can backup all the important data, if anything wrong during the rooting process then you get to restore all the data
Advantage of Root OnePlus 8
- After rooting, you can customize your smartphone according to your needs
- You will be able to use all rooting required apps and change boot logo fonts
- You get the first beta update receive, when any new android version release
Disadvantage of Root OnePlus 8
- After rooting the warranty of your Oneplus 8 voided. However, if you want to get back your warranty then you have to uninstall the magisk framework. If you look from my point of view there is no loss to rooting smartphone
Above we gave you a snapshot on How you can root your Oneplus 8 and what is need for the rooting process. Now its time to go deeper, below we will cover everything. follow all the process carefully below.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader On OnePlus 8
- Make sure, must enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking. without enabling their options you’re not able to unlock the bootloader
- Now turn off your smartphone then boot into fastboot mode. before this must have setup Oneplus driver in your computer
- Connect your smartphone with the PC using data cable and open ADB folder
- In Local Disk C find folder named ADB
- Now open PowerShell or Command Prompt, by holding the Shift + Right-click
- Type the command “fastboot OEM unlock” then select unlock the bootloader option in your smartphone
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery On OnePlus 8
- First of all, download the latest platform tool zip and extract it
- Second, you need to download the recovery file of your device. before this must have enabled USB debugging and OEM unlocking
- Now turn off your smartphone then again boot into fastboot mode
- Guide to boot fastboot mode, you have to press volume down and power button don’t release both keys until open fastboot mode
- Next open platform tool and write in the search box “cmd” then press enter
- Connect your Oneplus device with computer using data cable and type command “fastboot flash recovery_a” then drag and drop you recovery file
- Now type command “fastboot flash recovery_b” then again drag and drop you recovery file to flash the second partition
- Wait for flashing, You have successfully installed TWRP on OnePlus 8
Steps to Root OnePlus 8 Using Magisk
- First of all download the latest magisk manager zip to rooting Oneplus 8, make sure to Installing magisk module must be required custom recovery
- Now turn off your smartphone then boot into recovery mode
- Guide to boot recovery mode, you have to press volume up and power button don’t release both keys until open TWRP recovery mode
- Copy the magisk zip then transfer to your internal storage
- Now you will see many option tap “Install” and navigate magisk zip
- Next select magisk zip then below we will show you a screenshot to get root access
- Important Note: If you’re rooting any android device for the first time then it takes some time to reboot
- Congratulation your OnePlus 8 successfully rooted and enjoy magisk manager
So this was our guiding way to rooting Oneplus 8. We hope you can successfully root your smartphone. If you have any problem with the rooting process then write down the comment section below. We will try to solve your problem.