How to Root Redmi 6A – Two Working Methods!
Want to go beyond the internal system? Or look for a precise method that will unlock the exciting traits? Then kudos since it would help if you had the root Redmi 6A guide.
Perform specific things once you unlock those impressive set of features which will aid further in improving the software limits, so make sure to read everything until the end.
Add customization, built interface, test apps, and more to arrive. But before opening the lid of those complex features, let’s have a glance at the core specs in the next part.
This smartphone launched in the Indian market on 19th September 2018. Talking about camera sensor 13MP primary setup. MediaTek Helio A22 processor power Redmi 6A with 2GB Ram and 16GB storage. The smartphone was coming— with 5.4 inches (13.84 cm) 295 PPI, IPS LCD. We are moving to battery performance is 3000 mAh before starting the guide. Let’s understand what root is!
What is Root?
The root directory is a primary section that possesses the internal software data and the administer setting. The system partition firewall layer usually protects that data.
While there can be another means of this term, root access is typically called when the user unlocks the system settings and can change the administer privileges traits.
However, there’s also the downside of attaining those fascinating features as there’s a slight chance that might brick your phone; thus, let’s grasp the pros and cons factor.
- Ensure your smartphone bootloader has unlocked. You can also follow our guide to unlocking the bootloader on any Xiaomi phone.
- You can not do anything about the data stored inside the internal storage once the rooting process starts. Please, take backup data before.
Advantages of Root Redmi 6A
Not only can you change stock firmware, but you can also add different firmware apt according to the requirement of your daily task and provide suitable customization.
Remove the bloatware apps from the ecosystem to create a lightweight personalized interface. Besides, you can increase the subtle— amount of internal storage for apps.
Disadvantages of Root Redmi 6A
The performance drop can be seen when you equip a pretty incompatible software to the device system; it will cause distribution, and in the worst case, cause heat issues.
Needless to say, the rooting process comes with its twist and turns. If you didn’t follow the guide accurately, you would most likely brick your phone, so do it properly.
Magisk Update is not responsible for what happens to your phone. Do it at your own risk while carefully following the guidelines and asking if you have any doubt regarding this matter. Download the correct TWRP according to your model.
How to Install TWRP Without Using PC
- Install the essential tools and TWRP custom recovery to move swiftly in future.
- Ensure to attain the latest version of the Magisk zip file using this guide, while the second thing you need to follow is the unlock bootloader section.
- You will need a secondary phone, and you have to purchase an OTG cable so that the secondary device can work as the PC and run basic commands.
- Download and install the Bugjaeger ADB application on your Android phone.
- Make sure that the secondary device also has enabled USB debugging.
- Connect OTG to the secondary device while connecting the USB cable into the primary device. Plugin them accurately since everything depends on them.
- In the primary device, apply the Power + Volume down buttons combo once.
- From this combination, you will enter into the fastboot mode of your handset.
Note: I assume that you have downloaded the respective TWRP file for your device!
- Head toward the Bugjaeger ADB application and press on the flash option.
- You will notice the command prompt button in the below section of the screen.
- Type command –fastboot devices – It will show that your device is connected.
- Type the second command –fastboot flash recovery– Make sure that you are entering the correct spelling, and after that, you have to attach the required file.
- Click on the attached file icon and navigate to the stored TWRP file location.
- Once you tap on the flashable file, it will appear in the command prompt.
- Now, press the play button to initialize the process of flashing the recovery.
- Once everything ends safe and sound—disconnected the primary device and boot into the custom recovery mode through the Volume Up + Power buttons.
Method#1: Root Redmi 6A Using Magisk
- You have likely obtained the flashable zip file from the above section, right?
- Click on the Install section of the TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) screen.
- Navigate to the Magisk zip folder and open the file into the internal storage.
- Once you will reach the file, tap on it while select storage starts to appear.
- Swipe right to complete the process. Afterward, reboot the device at last.
- Congratulation, you have finally unlocked those fascinating root privileges.
Method#2: Root Redmi 6A Using KingRoot
If you are looking for a method that root Android phones without a PC, the KingRoot is the solution for that, you didn’t need an additional resource package to start.
- First of all, get the latest version of the KingRoot apk.
- Download and install on the KingRoot apk over your phone.
- Make sure you have enabled the unknown source option.
- Access the application and tap on the “Try Root” button.
- Now several booting starts to take place, so don’t worry!
- Lastly, your device will be successfully rooted.
Hands down to the latest Magisk app, you won’t have any specific problem installing since everything has become quite straightforward from the past few generations.
Enjoy the exciting features and wander through the endless customization labyrinth to unlock new software while avoiding the malicious malware traps as the endnote.