In this guide, I will show you how to root Samsung Galaxy A02 using magisk.
If you believe that the rooting process is simple, you might be wrong to some extent since you have to follow several steps to achieve these fascinating privileges for your device. Worry not; it’s not that hard as you are assuming now; let’s first visit the spec.
Are you excited about a quick overview of the specification of the smartphone?
This smartphone launch in the Indian market on 27th January 2021. Talking about camera sensor 13MP + 2MP dual primary camera setup. MediaTek MT6739 processor powers Samsung Galaxy A02 with 2GB Ram and 16GB storage. The smartphone was coming with 6.5 inches (16.51 cm) 270 PPI, PLS TFT LCD. We are moving to the battery performance is 5000 mAh, with Micro-USB Port before starting the guide; Let’s understand what is rooting?
What is Root?
In simple terminology, the root is a data directory combines all the factor necessary to the administer settings works properly, alongside a massive chunk of users app data.
On the same note, root access means that you have the key to unlock the admin-level privileges anytime you want; usually, it is attained through the Super user’s features.
After awaking impressive customization settings and exciting features, there’s always a constant fear of risk factors. To avoid them, let’s understand the pros and cons part.
Here are some Points to Remember while Rooting
- Ensure your smartphone bootloader has unlocked. You can also follow our guide to unlocking the bootloader on any samsung phone.
- We recommend that your smartphone battery has been charged more than 40% because a lot of time required for the rooting procedure.
Advantage of Root Samsung Galaxy A02
There are numerous custom ROMs feasible online, and you can also utilize the inbuilt modules directory of magisk to envelope a personalized android ecosystem for you.
If your smartphone battery burns out faster and you are looking for a subtle solution. You will find software in the rooting community that helps to enhance screen time.
Disadvantage of Root Samsung Galaxy A02
There’s always a slim chance that your device won’t overcome the bottleneck due to hardware limitations, and installing incompatible software will cause more trouble.
It’s a basic fact that when you try to install custom features into the OEM, this is most likely considered a warranty violation since changing internal setting effect makers.
Disclaimer: You need to be aware that this patching method is tricky and risky. So take a backup before starting the process. Magiskupdate or the author is not responsible for any damage to the reader device, so do everything carefully.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A02 Using Magisk
- Start with getting the Magisk App alongside your smartphone firmware files.
- Get the latest Samsung USD driver along with the bundle of Odin Flash Tool.
- In the latter half, you will be needed 7zip tool to change file format for few files.
Note: Unlock the bootloader of your Samsung phone before commencing the process.
Preparing the boot image file
- Ensure that you have put the Magisk file, Odin Flash Tool, and Stock Firmware file in the same folder since you will need them frequently during the procedure.
- Enter in the Stock Firmware File folder and extract the AP file through the 7zip.
- Tap on the newly extracted folder; there, you have to right-click on the boot file.
- Choice 7zip→ Add to archive in the equivalent method shown below section.
- Select and change the archive format from .lz4 to .tar, then hit the OK button.
- Copy the .tar file and magisk apk file into your Android phone for the next half.
Patching the boot image file
- Install the Magisk App and tap on the install option inside the application.
- Navigate to the storage unit part where you have saved device’s boot.img file.
- Once you tap on that file, the patching process will automatically be initialized.
- From this, you will obtain the magisk_patched.tar file at the exact location.
- Deliver that .tar file to the PC, and connect your phone into download mode.
- Turn off the phone, and press both Volume keys while connecting to the PC.
Flash the patched boot image file
- Open the Odin Flash Tool, there, you will notice that the device is connected, but if that’s not showing in your case, perform the last two steps once again.
- Head toward the “AP” section, then drag and drop the magisk patched .tar file.
- In the left corner, you have to untick the Auto-reboot option to boot manually.
- Now, simply tap on the start button to initialize the final patching procedure.
Re-installing the Magisk App
- Remove the data cable once the flashing process ends, then press and hold the Volume Down + Power Button until the Samsung logo with alert appears.
- Release both button and long-press Volume Up key to enter in the recovery.
- Apply the factory reset setting and safely reboot the phone in the usual way.
- Download the Magisk App from this guide and install it properly, so it works.
Once the reboot process end, the magisk will fully install with your phone, now enjoy!
Now that you get the taste of the rooting process, why don’t you give it a try to build your custom interface without worrying about annoying and useless bloatware set?
Aside from this, if you have been stuck at some random step in this guide, do let us know about it to help you in the best possible way-meanwhile enjoy rooting features!