Are you looking to root Realme 5i? If yes, then you are at the right place.
Have you wondered what you can’t achieve total control over your device? Well, you hit the jackpot as we present a simple way to root that even a newbie can follow up. Therefore, to understand the process better, let’s start with the core specifications.
Are you excited about a quick overview of the specification of the smartphone?
This smartphone launch in the Indian market on 7th January 2020. Talking about camera sensor 12MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP quad primary setup. Snapdragon 665 processor powers Realme 5i with 4GB Ram and 64GB storage. The smartphone was coming with 6.5 inches (16.51 cm) 60 Hz Refresh Rate, IPS LCD. We are moving the battery performance is 5000 mAh with Micro-USB Port before starting the guide; let’s understand what is rooting?
What is Root?
Rooting means you are performing a process that will unlock the system partition of any android device with the sole purpose get extraordinary privileges in your mind.
With this configuration, you access each portion of the Android phone ecosystem, uniting them according to your needs and cover up your daily usage requirements.
However, it doesn’t mean there’s no dark side; root access has its plus points and an equal share of cons. Thus, let’s see the list of features and what are the side effects?
Here are some Points to Remember while Rooting
- Ensure your smartphone bootloader has unlocked. You can also follow our guide to unlocking the bootloader on any Realme phone.
- We recommend that your smartphone battery has been charged more than 40% because a lot of time required for the rooting procedure.
Advantage of Root Realme 5i
You can not only enter into admin partition, but you can also quickly access system files to enhance performance to the visual aspect of your phone without any trouble.
Bloatware is the most useless apps that you can’t remove from the interface, but you can completely wipe them out from the surface with impressive rooting features aid.
Disadvantage of Root Realme 5i
Rooting your device could be harmful as you leave behind the authentic OTA security factors, and a single mistake can seriously damage your smartphone in several folds.
When you attain the true power of customization, but at the same time, you also lose official system and security update privileges as rooting violates company policies.
Magisk Update is not responsible for what happens to your phone. Do it at your own risk while carefully follow the guidelines and ask if you have any doubt regarding this matter. Download the correct TWRP according to your model.
How to Install TWRP Without Using PC
- Install the essential tools and TWRP custom recovery to move swiftly in future.
- Ensure to attain the latest version of the Magisk zip file using this guide, while the second thing you need to follow is the unlock bootloader section.
- You will need a secondary phone, and you have to purchase an OTG cable so that the secondary device can work as the PC and run basic commands.
- Download the Bugjaeger Mobile ADB application into your Android phone.
- Make sure that the secondary device also has enabled USB debugging.
- Connect OTG into the secondary device while connecting the USB cable into the primary device. Plugin them accurately since everything depends on them.
- In the primary device, apply the Power + Volume Up buttons combo once.
- From this combination, you will enter into the fastboot mode of your handset.
Note: I assume that you have download the respective TWRP file for your device!
- Head toward the Bugjaeger Mobile ADB apk and press on the flash option.
- You will notice the command prompt button in the below section of the screen.
- Type command –fastboot devices – It will show that your device is connected.
- Type the second command –fastboot flash recovery– Make sure that you are entering the correct spelling, and after that, you have to attach the required file.
- Click on the attached file icon and navigate to the stored TWRP file location.
- Once you tap on the flashable file, it will appear in the command prompt.
- Now, press the play button to initialize the process of flashing the recovery.
- Once everything ends safe and sound—disconnected the primary device and boot into the custom recovery menu through the Volume Up + Power buttons.
How to Root Realme 5i Using Magisk
- You have likely obtained the flashable zip file from the above section, right?
- Boot the device into the recovery by the Power + Volume Up button combo.
- Click on the Install section of the TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) screen.
- Navigate to the Magisk zip folder and open the file into the internal storage.
- Once you will reach the file, tap on it while Select Storage starts to appear.
- Swipe right to complete the process; afterward, reboot the device at last.
Ring the bells; you have finally unlocked those fascinating privileges for your handset.
Rooting creates a fragile borderline amidst the boundaries of the Android ecosystem, and now that you have grasped the way to overcome that line, explore new things.
You also need to beware of the dark side plus constantly receive info of the risk before installing any custom ROMs; you can sprinkle your thoughts in the following section.