In this guide, I will show you how to root Samsung Galaxy Note 20 using magisk.
The first thing you want would be the proper toolkit that provides you a blueprint to penetrate the system setting walls and renders you the great rooting privileges traits. But first, you need to understand the primary specs of your phone to grab some tools.
Are you excited about a quick overview of the specification of the smartphone?
This smartphone launch in the Indian market on 5th August 2020. Talking about camera sensor 12MP + 64MP + 12MP triple primary camera setup. Exynos 9 Octa processor powers Samsung Galaxy Note 20 with 8GB Ram and 256GB storage. The smartphone was coming with 6.7 inches (17.02 cm) 393 PPI, Super AMOLED. We are moving to battery performance is 4300 mAh, USB Type-C Port with Fast Charging before starting the guide; Let’s understand what is rooting?
What is Root?
In the basic computer language, a root directory is where all sorts of data are stored. Generally, it is covered with advanced security barriers, so the system doesn’t go wild.
But what’s more interesting is that this directory also possesses the administer-level privileges powers, which are the primary signs of obtaining the superuser abilities.
However, getting those access is not an effortless task for a newbie since you have to follow several steps, install unique software, so let’s take a tour of the pros and cons.
Here are some Points to Remember while Rooting
- Ensure your smartphone bootloader has unlocked. You can also follow our guide to unlocking the bootloader on any samsung phone.
- We recommend that your smartphone battery has been charged more than 40% because a lot of time required for the rooting procedure.
Advantage of Root Samsung Galaxy Note 20
With the rooting privileges, you will attain the power to remove the bloatware apps from the interface and free up space to install other essential apps and custom ROM.
Moreover, you can also take deep dive into the customization world and unfold new exciting settings; alongside this, boost the battery performance with dedicated apps.
Disadvantage of Root Samsung Galaxy Note 20
Once you perceive those fascinating privileges, the handset will become vulnerable to malicious malware, virus, and spyware attacks since the security barrier are depleted.
Though there’s always the constant risk luring your device might become the useless brick, or in general, face bootloop problems due to the incompatible custom ROMs.
Disclaimer: You need to be aware that this patching method is tricky and risky. Magiskupdate is not responsible for any damage to the reader device. So do it everything carefully. Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your PC.
Root Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Using Magisk
Preparing the boot image file
- You have put the magisk app, Odin tool and Stock Firmware in the same folder.
- Enter in the stock firmware folder and extract the “AP” file through the unzipper.
- Now tap on a newly extracted folder. There, you have to right-click the boot file.
- Choice 7zip then select the “Add to archive” option to change an archive format.
- Select and change the archive format from .lz4 to .tar, then hit the “OK” button.
- Copy the boot.img.tar into your Android smartphone for the patching process.
Patching the boot image file
- Download and install Magisk App and tap on the install option inside the apk.
- Navigate to the storage unit part where you have saved in device boot.img.tar.
- Once you tap on that file, the patching process will automatically be initialized.
- From this, you will obtain the magisk_patched.tar file at the exact location.
- Deliver that .tar file to the PC, and connect your phone into download mode.
- Turn off the phone, and press both volume keys while connecting to the PC.
Note: Unlock the bootloader of your Samsung phone before commencing the process.
Flash the patched boot image file
- Open the Odin Flash Tool, there, you will notice that the device is connected, but if that’s not showing in your case, perform the last two steps once again.
- Head toward the “AP” section, then drag and drop the magisk patched .tar file.
- In the left corner, you have to untick the “Auto-reboot” option to boot manually.
- Now, simply tap on the start button to initialize the final patching procedure.
Re-installing the Magisk App
- Remove the data cable once the flashing process ends, then press and hold the Volume down + Power Button until the Samsung logo with alert appears.
- Release both button and long-press Volume Up key to enter in the recovery.
- Apply the factory reset setting and safely reboot the phone in the usual way.
- Download the Magisk App from this guide and install it properly, so it works.
Once the reboot process end, the magisk will fully install with your phone, now enjoy!
Bingo, you have reached one step closer to your dream, plus unlocked the impressive settings of your smartphone since there’s no limitation to change the system settings.
But, change the features at your own risk, while if you face any problem installing the root files or software setup, do let us know in the following section to obtain answers.