In this guide, I will show you how to root Samsung Galaxy Note 20 using magisk.
The first thing you want would be the proper toolkit that provides you a blueprint to penetrate the system setting walls and renders you the great rooting privileges traits. But first, you need to understand the primary specs of your phone to grab some tools.
Are you excited about a quick overview of the specification of the smartphone?
This smartphone launched in the Indian market on 5th August 2020. Talking about camera sensor 12MP + 64MP + 12MP triple primary camera setup. Exynos 9 Octa processor powers Samsung Galaxy Note 20 with 8GB Ram and 256GB storage. The smartphone was coming with 6.7 inches (17.02 cm) 393 PPI, Super AMOLED. We are moving to battery performance is 4300 mAh, USB Type-C Port with Fast Charging before starting the guide; Let’s understand what is rooting?
What is Root?
A root directory is where all sorts of data are stored in the basic computer language. Generally, it is covered with advanced security barriers, so the system doesn’t go wild.
But what’s more interesting is that this directory also possesses the administer-level privileges powers, which are the primary signs of obtaining the superuser abilities.
However, getting those access is not an effortless task for a newbie since you have to follow several steps, install unique software, so let’s take a tour of the pros and cons.
Some Points to Remember while Rooting
- Ensure your smartphone bootloader has unlocked. You can also follow our guide to unlocking the bootloader on any Samsung phone.
- We recommend that your smartphone battery has been charged more than 40% because a lot of time is required for the rooting procedure.
Advantages of Root Samsung Galaxy Note 20
With the rooting privileges, you will attain the power to remove the bloatware apps from the interface and free up space to install other essential apps and custom ROM.
Moreover, you can also take a deep dive into the customization world and unfold new exciting settings, boosting the battery performance with dedicated apps.
Disadvantages of Root Samsung Galaxy Note 20
Once you perceive those fascinating privileges, the handset will become vulnerable to malicious malware, virus, and spyware attacks since the security barrier are depleted.
Though there’s always the constant risk luring your device might become a useless brick, or in general, face bootloop problems due to the incompatible custom ROMs.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 20?
You can use flashable zip options like Magisk and SuperSU to attain rooting attributes. Usually, you have unlocked the bootloader to flash those amazing functions.
On the other hand, there are three-party apps like KingoRoot, KingRoot, and Dr.Fone that will provide those exciting system settings without any cost. You can choose anything that fits best according to your requirements and daily usage needs.
Disclaimer: MagiskUpdate is not accountable for any loss, while we recommend you complete the requirement of each method before you get started.
#1: Root Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Using Magisk
If you want to experience root Android phones with ease, you should prefer using the magisk solution. With this, you will acquire a higher rooting success rate easily.
- Firstly, download and extract your Samsung phone firmware zip.
- Inside the folder, copy the AP file and transfer it to your phone.
- Open the recently downloaded Magisk application first.
- Tap on the Install Button and select a patch file option.
- Following this, navigate to the AP file location, click on it.
- A new magisk.tar file will replace the AP file location, transfer that to PC.
- I hope that you have already extracted the Odin flash tool folder.
- Open it and connect your phone using a USB cable (in download mode).
- Next, you have to click on the AP and go to the magisk.tar file location.
- Also, disable Auto-reboot function, and finally, press on the Start.
- After a moment, you have successfully rooted your Samsung phone.
#2: Root Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Using KingRoot
If you are looking for a method that root Android phones without a PC, the KingRoot is the solution for that, you didn’t need an additional resource package to start.
- First of all, get the latest version of the KingRoot apk.
- Download and install on the KingRoot apk over your phone.
- Make sure you have enabled the unknown source option.
- Access the application and tap on the “Try Root” button.
- Now several booting starts to take place, so don’t worry!
- Lastly, your device will be successfully rooted.
Bingo, you have reached one step closer to your dream, plus unlocked the impressive settings of your smartphone since there’s no limitation to change the system settings.
But, change the features at your own risk, while if you face any problem installing the root files or software setup, do let us know in the following section to obtain answers.