In this guide, I will show you how to root Asus ROG Phone 5 using magisk.
You will notice hindrances that you can’t overcome in the rooting process unless you know the right toolkit and software. The primary thing you need to seize would be the specs, which will help you obtain the right set of tools for the later part of the process.
Are you excited about a quick overview of the specification of the smartphone?
This smartphone launch in the Indian market on 10th March 2021. Talking about camera sensor 64MP + 13MP + 5MP triple primary camera setup. Snapdragon 888 processor powers Asus ROG Phone 5 with 8GB Ram and 256GB storage. The smartphone was coming with 6.78 inches (17.22 cm) 395 PPI, AMOLED. We are moving to battery performance is 6000 mAh, USB Type-C Port with Hyper Charging before starting the guide; Let’s understand what is rooting?
What is Root?
The root directory holds the primary data factor. Which usually includes the basic-tier user’s apps data with system data, alongside a vast range of administering rights.
Needless to say, root access is an entirely different thing! When the users attain the power to freely wander into the internal system setting and get admin-level features.
However, the traits you unlock with this process might also lead to the dark side thus, understanding the pros and cons becomes necessary for the users to help them later.
Here are some Points to Remember while Rooting
- Ensure your smartphone bootloader has unlocked. You can also follow our guide to unlocking the bootloader on any Android phone.
- We recommend that your smartphone battery has been charged more than 40% because a lot of time required for the rooting procedure.
Advantage of Root Asus ROG Phone 5
You can equip different and unique custom ROMs to build a personalized ecosystem that works according to your daily requirements and provides the needed support.
The overclocking software gives you the power to change the usual performance of your device and render next-level things that will elevate the gameplay experience.
Disadvantage of Root Asus ROG Phone 5
There are instances where users have found out that smartphones running out the fuel faster due to the incompatible ROMs; it’s also a reason for overheating problems.
The malicious software can ambush while you weren’t aware of the situation, so it’s crucial to do a background check before installing modules into the internal system.
Magisk Update is not responsible for what happens to your phone. Do it at your own risk while carefully follow the guidelines and ask if you have any doubt regarding this matter. Download the correct TWRP according to your model.
How to Install TWRP Without Using PC
- Install the essential tools and TWRP custom recovery to move swiftly in future.
- Ensure to attain the latest version of the Magisk zip file using this guide, while the second thing you need to follow is the unlock bootloader section.
- You will need a secondary phone, and you have to purchase an OTG cable so that the secondary device can work as the PC and run basic commands.
- Download the Bugjaeger Mobile ADB application into your Android phone.
- Make sure that the secondary device also has enabled USB debugging.
- Connect OTG into the secondary device while connecting the USB cable into the primary device. Plugin them accurately since everything depends on them.
- In the primary device, apply the Power + Volume down buttons combo once.
- From this combination, you will enter into the fastboot mode of your handset.
Note: I assume that you have download the respective TWRP file for your device!
- Head toward the Bugjaeger Mobile ADB app and press on the flash option.
- You will notice the command prompt button in the below section of the screen.
- Type command –fastboot devices – It will show that your device is connected.
- Type the second command –fastboot flash recovery– Make sure that you are entering the correct spelling, and after that, you have to attach the required file.
- Click on the attached file icon and navigate to the stored TWRP file location.
- Once you tap on the flashable file, it will appear in the command prompt.
- Now, press the play button to initialize the process of flashing the recovery.
- Once everything ends safe and sound—disconnected the primary device and boot into the custom recovery mode through the Volume Up + Power buttons.
How to Root Asus ROG Phone 5 Using Magisk
- You have likely obtained the flashable zip file from the above section, right?
- Click on the Install section of the TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) screen.
- Navigate to the Magisk zip folder and open the file into the internal storage.
- Once you will reach the file, tap on it while Select Storage starts to appear.
- Swipe right to complete the process. Afterward, reboot the device at last.
- Congratulation, you have finally unlocked those fascinating root privileges.
You have made out the end, and now it’s your time to take the lead while unfolding the new exciting adventure with the rooting privileges and its impressive features set.
You have to stay on your guard during—installing those new and exclusive things on your smartphone. A single mistake can cause severe damage while brick the device.