Do you want to flash different custom features and take control over the system? Yes, you are! For that, you have to walk to the path through the root Samsung Galaxy M31.
In this guide, you will bestow a simple method that allows rooting privileges to works, and besides that, we have also provided the proper bundle of a toolkit for everything.
But, you have to follow the essential steps to unlock those fascinating traits, while the first step toward those features would be to understand the primary specs aspect.
This smartphone launched in the Indian market on 26th February 2020. Talking about camera sensor 64MP + 8MP + 5MP + 5MP quad primary setup. Exynos 9 Octa processor power Samsung Galaxy M31 with 6GB Ram and 128GB storage. The smartphone was coming— with 6.4 inches (16.26 cm) 403 PPI, Super AMOLED. We are moving to battery performance is 6000 mAh, USB Type-C Port with Fast Charging before starting the guide. Let’s understand what root is!
What is Root?
Root access is the term that defines any user to have unfastened the system kernel settings by mount codes into the android system or user partition via external help.
In simple words, the rooting gives impressive features that manufacture blocked, and you can open up those mind-blowing privileges moreover take control in your hand.
There are loads of good and bad things that can happen to your device; unless you didn’t review anything and installed it would be great to know the pros and cons.
Here are some Points to Remember while Rooting
- Ensure your smartphone bootloader has unlocked. You can also follow our guide to unlocking the bootloader on any Samsung phone.
- You can not do anything about the data stored inside the internal storage once the rooting process starts. Please, take backup data before.
Advantages of Root Samsung Galaxy M31
The system settings are already loaded with loads of useless things, and bloatware is the most annoying thing. But with rooting features, you can remove them effortlessly.
With the custom feature sets, you can equip the device with different unusual ROM types to create a personalized ecosystem in which everything works as your choice.
Disadvantages of Root Samsung Galaxy M31
Rooting features come with a twist and turns, and things can go south if you didn’t follow the instructions properly; the worst could be that your device will become brick.
Rooting features may provide fantastic stuff and enhance the user experience, yet at the same time, you can’t use advanced security banking applications on your phone.
Disclaimer: You need to be aware that this patching method is tricky and risky. Magiskupdate is not responsible for any damage to the reader device. So do it everything carefully. Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your PC.
#1: Root Samsung Galaxy M31 Using Magisk
Preparing the boot image file
- Ensure that you have put the magisk app, Odin tool, and Stock Firmware file in the same folder since you will need them frequently during the procedure.
- Enter into stock firmware folder and extract the “AP” file through the unzipper.
- Now tap on a newly extracted folder. There, you have to right-click the boot file.
- Choice 7-zip then select the “Add to archive” option to change archive format.
- Select and change the archive format from .lz4 to .tar, then hit the OK button.
- Copy the boot.img.tar into your Android smartphone for the patching process.
Patching the boot image file
- Download and install Magisk App and tap on the install option inside the app.
- Navigate to the storage unit part where you have saved in device boot.img.tar.
- Once you tap on that file, the patching process will automatically be initialized.
- From this, you will obtain the magisk_patched.tar file at the exact location.
- Deliver that .tar file to the PC, and connect your phone into download mode.
- Turn off the phone, and press both volume keys while connecting to the PC.
Flash the patched boot image file
- Open the Odin Flash Tool, there, you will notice that the device is connected, but if that’s not showing in your case, perform the last two steps once again.
- Head toward the “AP” section, then drag and drop the magisk patched .tar file.
- In the left corner, you have to untick the “Auto-reboot” option to boot manually.
- Now, simply tap on the start button to initialize the final patching procedure.
Re-installing the Magisk App
- Remove the data cable once the flashing process ends, then press and hold the Volume down + Power Button until the Samsung logo with alert appears.
- Release both button and long-press Volume Up key to enter in the recovery.
- Apply the factory reset setting and safely reboot the phone in the usual way.
- Download the Magisk App from this guide and install it properly, so it works.
Once the reboot process end, the magisk will fully install with your phone, now enjoy!
#2: Root Samsung Galaxy M31 Using KingRoot
If you are looking for a method that root Android phones without a PC, the KingRoot is the solution for that, you didn’t need an additional resource package to start.
- First of all, get the latest version of the KingRoot apk.
- Download and install on the KingRoot apk over your phone.
- Make sure you have enabled the unknown source option.
- Access the application and tap on the “Try Root” button.
- Now several booting starts to take place, so don’t worry!
- Lastly, your device will be successfully rooted.
Get hold of the uninterrupted customization power and several other fascinating stuff once you unlock the root privileges doors, so what are you waiting for; go for it now!
We hope that you get magisk privileges and reach your goal! But if you come across any hurdle while following the process—you can discuss it in the subsequent section.