Are you looking for a simple method to unlock the customization, then root Samsung Galaxy A20! Cheer up because you have stepped into the right place to get the guide.
There could be several unusual reasons why smartphone users execute the following steps, for some, it’s about better performance, while for others, it’s for personalization.
Nevertheless, everything needs to lineup properly since every step brings importance in the later part. So, are you ready to understand knowledge about the primary specs?
This smartphone launched in the Indian market on 8th April 2019. Talking about camera sensor 13MP + 2MP dual primary camera setup. Samsung Exynos 7 Octa processor powers Samsung Galaxy A20 with 3GB Ram and 32GB storage. The smartphone was coming— with 6.4 inches (16.26 cm) 268 PPI, Super AMOLED. We are moving to battery performance is 4000 mAh, USB Type-C Port with Fast Charging before starting the guide. Let’s understand what root is!
What is Root?
In the basic computer language terminology, the root directory is the broad network of data shells that stores all the essential things in the internal system with protection.
The administer privileges also come into that broad-spectrum since they provide users accurate control of the overall system power and present superuser controlling ability.
Those features tempt tech enthusiasts most, while there are undoubtedly restricting drawbacks, so let’s understand the whole picture via the pros and cons perspective.
- Ensure your smartphone bootloader has unlocked. You can also follow our guide to unlocking the bootloader on any Samsung phone.
- We recommend that your smartphone battery has been charged more than 40% because a lot of time is required for the rooting procedure.
Advantages of Root Samsung Galaxy A20
You can construct your customized world with advanced-level ROMs and modules aid, providing endless opportunities to perform various things without any specific hassle.
Moreover, you can equip different custom layering settings to boost the overall image processing and enhance the photo-taking experience with better control of lowlights.
Disadvantages of Root Samsung Galaxy A20
The rooting process follows several steps and tools, which will intrigue many first-time rooters as there will be a constant risk factor that your device might become a brick.
The system layering also loses the firewall protection coating once you have unlocked those fascinating privileges that make the device vulnerable to malware & viruses.
Disclaimer: You need to be aware that this patching method is tricky and risky. Magiskupdate is not responsible for any damage to the reader device. So do it everything carefully. Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your PC.
#1: Root Samsung Galaxy A20 Using Magisk
Preparing the boot image file
- Ensure that you have put the magisk app, Odin tool, and Stock Firmware file in the same folder since you will need them frequently during the procedure.
- Enter into stock firmware folder and extract the “AP” file through the unzipper.
- Now tap on a newly extracted folder. There, you have to right-click the boot file.
- Choice 7-zip then select the “Add to archive” option to change archive format.
- Select and change the archive format from .lz4 to .tar, then hit the OK button.
- Copy the boot.img.tar into your Android smartphone for the patching process.
Patching the boot image file
- Download and install Magisk App and tap on the install option inside the app.
- Navigate to the storage unit part where you have saved in device boot.img.tar.
- Once you tap on that file, the patching process will automatically be initialized.
- From this, you will obtain the magisk_patched.tar file at the exact location.
- Deliver that .tar file to the PC, and connect your phone into download mode.
- Turn off the phone, and press both volume keys while connecting to the PC.
Note: Unlock the bootloader of your Samsung phone before commencing the process.
Flash the patched boot image file
- Open the Odin Flash Tool, there, you will notice that the device is connected, but if that’s not showing in your case, perform the last two steps once again.
- Head toward the “AP” section, then drag and drop the magisk patched .tar file.
- In the left corner, you have to untick the “Auto-reboot” option to boot manually.
- Now, simply tap on the start button to initialize the final patching procedure.
Re-installing the Magisk App
- Remove the data cable once the flashing process ends, then press and hold the Volume down + Power Button until the Samsung logo with alert appears.
- Release both button and long-press Volume Up key to enter in the recovery.
- Apply the factory reset setting and safely reboot the phone in the usual way.
- Download the Magisk App from this guide and install it properly, so it works.
Once the reboot process end, the magisk will fully install with your phone, now enjoy!
#2: Root Samsung Galaxy A20 Using KingRoot
If you are looking for a method that root Android phones without a PC, the KingRoot is the solution for that, you didn’t need an additional resource package to start.
- First of all, get the latest version of the KingRoot apk.
- Download and install on the KingRoot apk over your phone.
- Make sure you have enabled the unknown source option.
- Access the application and tap on the “Try Root” button.
- Now several booting starts to take place, so don’t worry!
- Lastly, your device will be successfully rooted.
Finally, you gained the framework to mold the Samsung Galaxy A20 according to your desire and appreciate the fruitful customization gifts to change the system settings.
However, if something didn’t work out in your case and you are looking for some help, make sure to head toward the following section so that you can receive the solutions.