Do you want to unveil the powers of the trendy features and look for a method to take control over the system? If yes, you need to root Moto G8 Plus to reach out there.
Here, you will obtain everything essential for root access over the device. In case; you are a newbie, worry not because we are offering a dedicated step-by-step process.
Therefore make sure to read this post thoroughly to understand each aspect, while the first thing you grasp would be the primary specs so that you can pick the right toolkit.
This smartphone launched in the Indian market on 25th October 2019. Talking about camera sensor 48MP + 16MP + 5MP triple primary camera setup. Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor power moto g8 plus with 4GB Ram and 64GB storage. The smartphone was coming— with 6.3 inches (16 cm) 400 PPI, IPS LCD. We are moving to battery performance is 5000 mAh, USB Type-C Port with Turbo Charging before starting the guide. Let’s understand what root is!
What is Root?
There could be two definitions of what root is! First is the rooting directory; it holds admin privileges data alongside the user’s apps data behind the huge security layer.
The root access term holds an entirely different meaning on the other hand. It means that you have attained access to freely wander around in the root directory premises.
Most time, those who know about those fascinating privileges also learn about their downside flaws, but if your newbie in this field, take a look at the pros and cons traits.
Here are some Points to Remember while Rooting
- Ensure your smartphone bootloader has unlocked. You can also follow our guide to unlocking the bootloader on any motorola phone.
- You can not do anything about the data stored inside the internal storage once the rooting process starts. Please, take backup data before.
Advantage of Root Moto G8 Plus
Firstly, there’re endless possibilities to customize the ecosystem and create something convenient while using the smartphone; it starts by installing friendly custom ROMs.
There is no need to bother by useless bloatware; you can entirely eradicate them from the surface of the Android ecosystem and enhance your user experience immensely.
Disadvantage of Root Moto G8 Plus
The risk factor also becomes sidelines when you root any device. Besides, there’s will a constant risk of bootloop if the ROM you install is not compactable with the device.
It’s a straight fact that your device will most likely become vulnerable when in contact with malicious viruses since the security layer has been breached during the process.
Magisk Update is not responsible for what happens to your phone. Do it at your own risk while carefully following the guidelines and asking if you have any doubt regarding this matter. Download the correct TWRP according to your model.
How to Install TWRP Without Using PC
- Install the essential tools and TWRP custom recovery to move swiftly in future.
- Ensure to attain the latest version of the Magisk zip file using this guide, while the second thing you need to follow is the unlock bootloader section.
- You will need a secondary phone, and you have to purchase an OTG cable so that the secondary device can work as the PC and run basic commands.
- Download and install the Bugjaeger ADB application into your Android phone.
- Make sure that the secondary device also has enabled USB debugging.
- Connect OTG into the secondary device while connecting the USB cable into the primary device. Plugin them accurately since everything depends on them.
- In the primary device, apply the Power + Volume down buttons combo once.
- From this combination, you will enter into the fastboot mode of your handset.
Note: I assume that you have downloaded the respective TWRP file for your device!
- Head toward the Bugjaeger ADB application and press on the flash option.
- You will notice the command prompt button in the below section of the screen.
- Type command –fastboot devices – It will show that your device is connected.
- Type the second command –fastboot flash recovery– Make sure that you are entering the correct spelling, and after that, you have to attach the required file.
- Click on the attached file icon and navigate to the stored TWRP file location.
- Once you tap on the flashable file, it will appear in the command prompt.
- Now, press the play button to initialize the process of flashing the recovery.
- Once everything ends safe and sound—disconnected the primary device and boot into the custom recovery mode through the Volume Up + Power buttons.
How to Root Moto G8 Plus Using Magisk
- You have likely obtained the flashable zip file from the above section, right?
- Click on the Install section of the TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) screen.
- Navigate to the Magisk zip folder and open the file into the internal storage.
- Once you will reach the file, tap on it while select storage starts to appear.
- Swipe right to complete the process. Afterward, reboot the device at last.
- Congratulation, you have finally unlocked those fascinating root privileges.
Finally, you can unlock several new and impressive portions of your smartphone that you might have never seen before and open up a portal for beautiful customization.
Yet, if you encounter any issue while following this guide, you can pin that out in the following section. Meanwhile, enjoy the exciting traits and outperform the usual trend.