Are you try to take the long trip of unfastening fascinating privileges? Or have a desire to stay behind the tech features; if not, let’s understand the root Moto G8 Play first.
Worry not since we have covered up everything which will help you to attain the root access without any problem, and nobody can stop you get those impressive features.
For the initial stage steps, you need to focus on the primary specs to unfold the dream customization traits; with that said, let’s head toward the following part meanwhile.
This smartphone launched in the Indian market on 24th October 2019. Talking about camera sensor 13MP + 8MP + 2MP triple primary camera setup. MediaTek Helio P70 processor power Moto G8 Play with 2GB Ram and 16GB storage. The smartphone was coming— with 6.2 inches (15.75 cm) 271 PPI, IPS LCD. We are moving to battery performance is 4000 mAh before starting the guide. Let’s understand what root is!
What is Root?
The root directory is the essential data block directory that stores users’ data and administers privileged data. Usually, the doors to access those directories are closed.
Third-party applications such as Magisk apk, you can root access and enjoy the trill to control the entire system without any boundaries or limitations that hold you back.
On the same note, there’s the good and bad aspect about rooting, and there’s also a consequence that you need to be aware of; thus let’s understand the pros and cons.
Here are some Points to Remember while Rooting
- Ensure your smartphone bootloader has unlocked. You can also follow our guide to unlocking the bootloader on any Motorola phone.
- You can not do anything about the data stored inside the internal storage once the rooting process starts. Please, take backup data before.
Advantage of Root Moto G8 Play
There are limitless possible ways from which you improve interface settings. You can add-on wallpaper, change fonts style, improve background apps settings, and more.
Indulge yourself with clean interface settings and remove bloatware from the surface of the Android ecosystem, thus creating a lightweight system with a sleek feature set.
Disadvantage of Root Moto G8 Play
As security barriers have already been breached through you while unlocking rooting privileges traits, the worst would be that malware software can attack the system.
Several companies have strict policies about the rooted device since rooting violates warranty support features until your device stays under the certification period limits.
Magisk Update is not responsible for what happens to your phone. Do it at your own risk while carefully follow the guidelines and ask if you have any doubt regarding this matter. Download the correct TWRP according to your model.
How to Install TWRP Without Using PC
- Install the essential tools and TWRP custom recovery to move swiftly in future.
- Ensure to attain the latest version of the Magisk zip file using this guide, while the second thing you need to follow is the unlock bootloader section.
- You will need a secondary phone, and you have to purchase an OTG cable so that the secondary device can work as the PC and run basic commands.
- Download and install the Bugjaeger ADB application into your Android phone.
- Make sure that the secondary device also has enabled USB debugging.
- Connect OTG into the secondary device while connecting the USB cable into the primary device. Plugin them accurately since everything depends on them.
- In the primary device, apply the Power + Volume down buttons combo once.
- From this combination, you will enter into the fastboot mode of your handset.
Note: I assume that you have download the respective TWRP file for your device!
- Head toward the Bugjaeger ADB application and press on the flash option.
- You will notice the command prompt button in the below section of the screen.
- Type command –fastboot devices – It will show that your device is connected.
- Type the second command –fastboot flash recovery– Make sure that you are entering the correct spelling, and after that, you have to attach the required file.
- Click on the attached file icon and navigate to the stored TWRP file location.
- Once you tap on the flashable file, it will appear in the command prompt.
- Now, press the play button to initialize the process of flashing the recovery.
- Once everything ends safe and sound—disconnected the primary device and boot into the custom recovery mode through the Volume Up + Power buttons.
How to Root Moto G8 Play Using Magisk
- You have likely obtained the flashable zip file from the above section, right?
- Click on the Install section of the TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) screen.
- Navigate to the Magisk zip folder and open the file into the internal storage.
- Once you will reach the file, tap on it while select storage starts to appear.
- Swipe right to complete the process. Afterward, reboot the device at last.
- Congratulation, you have finally unlocked those fascinating root privileges.
At last, you have reached the end; it’s all your hard work that you complete this guide! Now, take your time to unlock the fascinating customization features door and traits.
If something is bothering you or something that you didn’t understand some portion in the meanwhile, let us know thoroughly to get guidance in the following partition.