Are you looking for the method to unlock the ultimate customization feature for a long time? Congrats, you have reached your destination root Samsung Galaxy A31 guide.
Here, you will get exclusive information regarding unlocking the root access features without interfering with the system partition while making sure to read it till the end.
However, the first milestone you need to unlock would be the standard specs of this phone to grasp the best tools for a later process, so without any further delay, let’s go.
This smartphone launched in the Indian market on 24th March 2020. Talking about camera sensor 48MP + 8MP + 5MP + 5MP quad primary setup. Snapdragon 865 processor power Samsung Galaxy A31 with 6GB Ram and 128GB storage. The smartphone was coming— with 6.4 inches (16.26 cm) 411 PPI, Super AMOLED. We are moving to battery performance is 5000 mAh, USB Type-C Port with Fast Charging before starting the guide. Let’s understand what root is!
What is Root?
Root, in technical language, the root directory is the primary section that posses data. Mostly, the data stored in those directories are the administer-level user data portion.
Achieving those admin features is pretty different while requiring hard labor; usually, people tweak the system settings to the extreme to receive impeccable root access.
Sadly, everything you see and face can’t consider good to some extent; you will also notice flaws. Thus, it becomes necessary to know the rooting pros and cons aspects.
- Ensure your smartphone bootloader has unlocked. You can also follow our guide to unlocking the bootloader on any Samsung phone.
- We recommend that your smartphone battery has been charged more than 40% because a lot of time is required for the rooting procedure.
Advantages of Root Samsung Galaxy A31
Remove the most annoying system bloatware apps that bother you during your daily experience, delete them permanently, and you face them in the ecosystem ever again.
There’s a high chance that you can change the internal system settings. But the best thing would be that you can easily shift custom UI to something relatively modern.
Disadvantages of Root Samsung Galaxy A31
The rooted device might provide options to install custom UI and its features, but at the same time, you won’t attain any particular OTA update, a hard trade in general.
Smartphone makers usually discourage rooting traits for a long time. Strictly state in their policy that a rooted device will all the privileges comes in the yearly warranty.
Disclaimer: You need to be aware that this patching method is tricky and risky. Magiskupdate is not responsible for any damage to the reader device. So do it everything carefully. Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your PC.
#1: Root Samsung Galaxy A31 Using Magisk
Preparing the boot image file
- Ensure that you have put the magisk app, Odin tool, and Stock Firmware file in the same folder since you will need them frequently during the procedure.
- Enter into stock firmware folder and extract the “AP” file through the unzipper.
- Now tap on a newly extracted folder. There, you have to right-click the boot file.
- Choice 7-zip then select the “Add to archive” option to change archive format.
- Select and change the archive format from .lz4 to .tar, then hit the OK button.
- Copy the boot.img.tar into your Android smartphone for the patching process.
Patching the boot image file
- Download and install Magisk App and tap on the install option inside the app.
- Navigate to the storage unit part where you have saved in device boot.img.tar.
- Once you tap on that file, the patching process will automatically be initialized.
- From this, you will obtain the magisk_patched.tar file at the exact location.
- Deliver that .tar file to the PC, and connect your phone into download mode.
- Turn off the phone, and press both volume keys while connecting to the PC.
Flash the patched boot image file
- Open the Odin Flash Tool, there, you will notice that the device is connected, but if that’s not showing in your case, perform the last two steps once again.
- Head toward the “AP” section, then drag and drop the magisk patched .tar file.
- You have to untick the “Auto-reboot” option to boot manually in the left corner.
- Now, simply tap on the start button to initialize the final patching procedure.
Re-installing the Magisk App
- Remove the data cable once the flashing process ends, then press and hold the Volume down + Power Button until the Samsung logo with alert appears.
- Release both buttons and long-press Volume Up key to enter in the recovery.
- Apply the factory reset setting and safely reboot your phone in the usual way.
- Download the Magisk App from this article and install it properly, so it works.
Once the reboot process end, the magisk will fully install with your phone, now enjoy!
#2: Root Samsung Galaxy A31 Using KingRoot
If you are looking for a method that root Android phones without a PC, the KingRoot is the solution for that, you didn’t need an additional resource package to start.
- First of all, get the latest version of the KingRoot apk.
- Download and install on the KingRoot apk over your phone.
- Make sure you have enabled the unknown source option.
- Access the application and tap on the “Try Root” button.
- Now several booting starts to take place, so don’t worry!
- Lastly, your device will be successfully rooted.
Lastly, there’s nothing left for us to explain! Therefore, ramble into the unexplored land and search out the suitable customization option according to your requirements.
On the other hand, if some files are missing or steps aren’t working in your case, you can tell us about that in the upcoming section, while I will meet you in the next post!