How to Root Samsung Galaxy S10 Using Magisk
In this guide, I will show you how to root Samsung Galaxy S10 using magisk.
The rooting process you will attain in this post will coverup a few crucial points and tools needed before beginning the procedure. From the basics, you have to unlock the bootloader settings, which is different for every phone, so let’s visit the specs first.
Are you excited about a quick overview of the specification of the smartphone?
This smartphone launch in the Indian market on 8th March 2019. Talking about camera sensor 12MP + 12MP + 16MP triple primary camera setup. Exynos 9 Octa processor powers Samsung Galaxy S10 with 8GB Ram and 256GB storage. The smartphone was coming with 6.1 inches (15.49 cm) 551 PPI, Dynamic AMOLED. We are moving to battery performance is 3400 mAh USB Type-C Port with Fast Charging before starting the guide; Let’s understand what is rooting?
What is Root?
The root is a directory that holds the primary aspect of the internal phone data, and usually, it contains users and system applications data with some privileges settings.
But, the root access is entirely different and generally requires help from third-party support such as Magisk to unlock the path of mind-blowing features for your device.
However, there are always two faces of the coin, and in rooting, you will face severe results if you didn’t become aware of the dark side, so let’s head to the pros and cons.
Here are some Points to Remember while Rooting
- Ensure your smartphone bootloader has unlocked. You can also follow our guide to unlocking the bootloader on any samsung phone.
- We recommend that your smartphone battery has been charged more than 40% because a lot of time required for the rooting procedure.
Advantage of Root Samsung Galaxy S10
If you want to create a lightweight software ecosystem, the first thing you need to remove from the system would be the useless bloatware with fascinating privileges.
You can design the interface settings and dress any custom ROMs you want through the fantastic rooting features while creating a personalized features directory for you.
Disadvantage of Root Samsung Galaxy S10
Every device arrives with its distinctive warranty period, although when you unfasten the rooting features, this action will thoroughly trespass the maker’s policies section.
There are several instances where the users have to find ROMs that have malware attached to them. Check out the ROM’s full review that you are about to download.
Disclaimer: You need to be aware that this patching method is tricky and risky. Magiskupdate is not responsible for any damage to the reader device. So do it everything carefully. Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your PC.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S10 Using Magisk
Preparing the boot image file
- Ensure that you have put the magisk app, Odin tool, and Stock Firmware file in the same folder since you will need them frequently during the procedure.
- Enter in the stock firmware file folder and extract the “AP” file through the 7zip.
- Tap on a newly extracted folder. There, you have to right-click on the boot file.
- Now choice 7zip then the “Add to archive” option to change an archive format.
- Select and change the archive format from .lz4 to .tar, then hit the OK button.
- Copy the .tar file and magisk app file into your Android phone for the next half.
Patching the boot image file
- Install the Magisk App and tap on the install option inside the application.
- Navigate to the storage unit part where you have saved device’s boot.img file.
- Once you tap on that file, the patching process will automatically be initialized.
- From this, you will obtain the magisk_patched.tar file at the exact location.
- Deliver that .tar file to the PC, and connect your phone into download mode.
- Turn off the phone, and press both volume keys while connecting to the PC.
Note: Unlock the bootloader of your Samsung phone before commencing the process.
Flash the patched boot image file
- Open the Odin Flash Tool, there, you will notice that the device is connected, but if that’s not showing in your case, perform the last two steps once again.
- Head toward the “AP” section, then drag and drop the magisk patched .tar file.
- In the left corner, you have to untick the “Auto-reboot” option to boot manually.
- Now, simply tap on the start button to initialize the final patching procedure.
Re-installing the Magisk App
- Remove the data cable once the flashing process ends, then press and hold the Volume down + Power Button until the Samsung logo with alert appears.
- Release both button and long-press Volume Up key to enter in the recovery.
- Apply the factory reset setting and safely reboot the phone in the usual way.
- Download the Magisk App from this guide and install it properly, so it works.
Once the reboot process end, the magisk will fully install with your phone, now enjoy!
Kudos, my friend; you have completed the content of this guide and have been able to unlock the root access super users feature for your phone; enjoy them thoroughly.
However, if something didn’t work out correctly in your case, make sure to let us know about it in the following section to get accurate answers in a hassle-free manner.